The Vermont South Neighbourhood House is one of ten Neighbourhood Houses located within the Whitehorse Council district in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs. The House offers programs and services in a friendly, purpose-built environment to meet the needs of the local community. These include adult education, lifestyle & recreational courses, children’s activities, a social enterprise café & catering service, and room hire.
Café Assistant (casual)
Fabulous opportunity for a hospitality allrounder!
Ideal for someone looking for a role during school hours and school terms.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic person to join our dedicated team as a Café Assistant, in our social enterprise Café. This is a casual position, approximately 13 hours per week (Wed/Thur/Fri).
You will be part of a small team assisting with the day to day operations of the Café and catering service. Responsibilities include the preparation/cooking of a nutritious Café style menu, Barista coffee making, cleaning, customer service, cash handling and more.
Our Café offers the local community a place to relax and connect, whilst enjoying a great coffee and delicious food that is made on the premises. We also offer a catering service to local businesses and the community.
The person we are looking for will have:
• A qualification in Hospitality and/or previous proven experience working in a café/restaurant.
• Food preparation/cooking skills as well as Barista coffee making skills and experience.
• A current Food Handler Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
• Good organisational skills with an ability to multi-task and work effectively at a fast pace.
• Well developed communication and interpersonal skills, as well as experience working with diverse populations.
• Proven experience in providing excellent customer service and strong attention to detail.
• A flexible, collaborative approach and attitude.
All applicants must email or call to obtain a copy of the Position Description.
Please submit your application, including responses to the Selection Criteria, a current resume and names of two referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Thursday 20th April 2023.
For further information please contact the centre on 9803 2335
Please note – only those short listed will be contacted.